Saturday, September 5, 2009

*&^%%$$#$%%

Just when you think you have all your duck in order, a new problem shows up out of the blue. Water does not belong on the shop floor. There is no sink or faucets in that corner, but there is the computerized well pump controler and the main manifold to distribute the well water. All of the plumbing is in an insulated cabinet to keep it from freezing in the normally unheated shop.
It could have been worse, it could have been some of the specialized componants for the system that would require a long wait to ship in the parts. A simple 1" short nipple had developed a pin hole. A part that, on inspection, was defective when it was installed. A part that costs less than a dollar and I suspect the pump installer saved a bundle on a whole case of parts just like it. Now I have lost confidence in my plumbing and will worry about there being other cheap fittings in the system.
I think I would rather worry about gophers.

No comments:

Post a Comment