Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sitka

Tue 15 Sep 2009 01:14:32 PM MDT

Monday was spent in port at Juneau, I was sick and didn't have much fun. I am feeling much better today. That was a short cold and I hope I've seen the last of it. We are sailing of the coast with beautiful mtns to starboard. Every mtn we come to is more impressive than the last. Hubbard Glacier is next, you may have to wait for pictures. The internet options have not been great for getting pictures out, even the free internet was so slow that I gave up and just settled for text.

Wed 16 Sep 2009 10:19:27 AM MDT

Hubbard Glacier was amazing and we are told that this was the only day that any cruise has had clear skys to look at it. I have taken lots of pictures, pictures of about everything. There are so many pictures that anybody waiting to see them is going to have to wait until we get home to good internet.
We are now sitting in Sitka Harbor. The harbor is small and it was like someone trying to put on a wet swimsuit getting the ship where they wanted to drop anchor. Twist and turn, backing up and twist and turn somemore. Trying to retrace just how we got anchored, I know we have turned around completely 1 and a half times and are now pointed out of the harbor, I hope they remember how they cork screwed us in here and can undo it when it comes time to leave.
Juno and Hubbard Glacier

1 comment:

  1. Looks like beautiful scenery Az. Cant wait to see all the pics.

    ReplyDelete